Management Consultant - Life Sciences
We are looking for candidates who can help continue the growth and success of PEN. Successful candidates can expect to be directly involved in:
Delivery of projects and programmes; reporting to executive-level clients in global pharmaceutical organisations; contributing to the management and development of PEN, both in day-to-day operations and longer-term strategy; supporting of the development of service propositions and project delivery; supporting the sales process in collaboration with other members of the team.
PEN was founded in 2012 with the objective of creating a substantially different consultancy that really puts clients and employees at the center of everything it does – and it shows. In the pharma team, we get up in the morning to help pharma better serve all their customers, including and most importantly patients!
As an industry, pharma has huge potential to play a much more important role in healthcare and patients’ lives and we have seen first-hand how companies can start reaching their potential. Therefore, we see it as our purpose to help more companies serve their customers better.
A significant part of the growth in the next couple of years will come from our Life Sciences practice. We are therefore looking for more talented individuals to join our team. This an exciting role in a growing team where you will be working closely with clients to help them transform their businesses with:
- Customer-focused business strategy
- Customer-focused leadership and culture
- Customer Experience Management
- Customer-focused operating models
Your time will be spent on:
- Project Delivery – deliver projects and programmes, reporting to executive-level clients, working independently in client team or as part of a bigger PEN team, depending on the engagement
- Client Service – continually surpassing expectations of our customers; understanding their problems and proactively engaging with them to deliver the right outcome.
- PEN Development – contribute to the management and development of PEN, both in day-to-day operations and longer-term strategy;
- Market knowledge and development – share and bring to bear personal experience and knowledge in support of the development of service propositions and project delivery;
- Business Development – supporting the sales process in collaboration with other members of the team.
The most important thing for us is that you really share our vision; of how closely the pharmaceutical industry’s future is linked to its ability to improve the way it serves all of its customers – healthcare professionals, patients and payers
You will have some experience of successfully delivering consultancy to the pharmaceutical / life science sectors (e.g. general management, sales, marketing, commercial excellence, market access, medical affairs), but are also looking for the opportunity to approach consultancy in a different way and build a successful business.
You feel comfortable delivering great consultancy in a time-pressured environment, liaising with senior client stakeholders, and have:
- Life science/pharma market knowledge and understand key trends shaping the industry
- Core consultancy competencies, such as problem-solving, structured thinking, change management, business case development, facilitation, stakeholder and people management
- The ability to work independently with little direction and adapt to unexpected or changing situations
- Passion, ambition and a positive, can-do attitude that brings energy into the room
PEN is a specialist consultancy that helps our clients in regulated industries – financial services & life sciences – transform to better serve their customers. Our deep experience from the two sectors, and the parallels and learnings that can be brought across, offer our clients a unique proposition.
The business, which started in financial services, has grown +20% year on year, has more than 40 full-time employees, +200 trusted associates, and repeat business from 9 out of every 10 clients.
Since PEN started in 2012, and even though we have grown quite a bit over the last few years, we have nurtured a strong culture to go with our ambition to help our clients become more customer-focused. We believe that in order to be customer-focused, we need to first be employee-focused.
People who work at PEN say our culture stands out from other places they’ve worked. Many say it feels very much like home, and words like ‘Supported’, ‘Open’, ‘Fun’, ‘No Hierarchy’, ‘Committed’ are often mentioned in our internal engagement reviews.
And it shows. All the people that have joined PEN over the years are still here – nobody has left to work elsewhere.
Here are a few examples of how we walk the talk:
- We believe work should be fun. We do work we like, with people we like. And we developed four fun-factors that helps guide what this means (ask us about this!)
- Family is important. Work/life balance is an actual thing here
- Health is also important and to help along the way we offer life and medical insurance for you and your family
- Rest and relaxation. Consulting can be hard work and we want you to get the rest you deserve, so we offer 6 weeks paid annual leave
- Opportunities and giving back. We have venture investments where it is possible to get involved, as well as the PEN trust which uses 2% of our profits to help our community and people who need it
- Basic salary of £60 – 95k (depending on experience) – options available around structure of remuneration
- Annual bonus relating to personal and company performance – (annual bonus target is c.20% of basic salary)
- Membership of the PEN Partnership Pension Scheme, including employer contributions
- Life assurance of 4 x salary
- Private medical insurance (including dependents)
- Participation in the PEN employee ownership scheme (EOS)
- 6 weeks annual leave