Management Consultant - Life Sciences
This is an exciting opportunity to join PEN's rapidly growing Life Sciences team as a Management Consultant. We are accepting applications from experienced consultants.
Founded in 2012, PEN’s purpose is to deliver lasting change which has a positive impact on customers, communities and society. We’re a team in the truest sense: we support, encourage, and motivate each other, while enjoying ourselves and having a good time.
PEN is a specialist, consultancy that delivers across a range of sectors with deep expertise in Financial Services and Life Sciences. We work collaboratively with clients to deliver customer focused transformation to harness the power of digital and modern technology, creating better operations with agile and innovative cultures that make them great places to work.
We have grown steadily and now have more than 65 employees and 200 trusted associates. In August 2022 we joined forces with Wavestone UK to become a leading UK player in transformation consultancy.
This year we ranked 4th in the UK’s Great Places to Work, Best Small Workplaces, and achieved 1st in the UK’s Best Small Workplaces for Wellbeing.
Join a team dedicated to helping Life Sciences companies realise new business models
As a sector, Life Science companies are having to create new business models to remain relevant and competitive. PEN exists to help create the next-generation models. From the point of strategic decision-making right through to integration into health ecosystems, PEN helps to create a value-based and sustainable company that delivers the experiences and outcomes people want.
As an experienced management consultant, you will be working closely with clients to help them transform their businesses by applying our expertise in the following areas:
- New value propositions & business models. Developing value propositions & business models that push the boundaries and transform data, services and solutions into scalable assets
- Design of patient & customer experiences that matter. Designing end-to-end patient & customer experiences that meet real needs & drive brand preference, loyalty and advocacy
- ‘Hardwiring’ of patient centricity into operating models. Reconfiguring operating models to support new experiences, services & solutions & enable agile ways of working
- Prove the value and outcomes. Capturing data and generating Real-World Evidence on the outcomes and patient & customer experiences created
- Become a true partner with healthcare systems. Establishing partnerships with healthcare systems & customers that open the door to new business models and a sustainable future
You will have significant experience working in Life Sciences (typically 5 years), either as a management consultant or in an internal consulting role
You should share our vision for the future of Life Sciences and be passionate about improving the way the sector serves its customers.
Successful candidates should have demonstrated experience in leading engagements and / or more complex project teams while ensuring successful project delivery as well as the ability to think strategically about business and industry trends.
Further, you should feel comfortable delivering great consulting in a time-pressured environment, liaising with senior client stakeholders, and have:
- Life Sciences market knowledge and understand key trends shaping the industry
- Core consultancy competencies, such as problem-solving, structured thinking, change management, business case development, facilitation, stakeholder management and excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to work autonomously and adapt to unexpected or changing situations
- Growth mindset and a positive, can-do attitude that brings energy into the room
Your time will be spent on:
- Project Delivery – deliver projects and programmes, reporting to executive-level clients, working independently in client team or as part of a bigger PEN team, depending on the engagement
- Client Service – continually surpassing expectations of our customers; understanding their problems and proactively engaging with them to deliver the right outcome
- PEN Development – contribute to the management and development of PEN, both in day-to-day operations and longer-term strategy
- Market Knowledge and Development – share and bring to bear personal experience and knowledge in support of the development of service propositions and project delivery
- Business Development – supporting the sales process in collaboration with other members of the team
Working at PEN
People who work at PEN say our culture stands out from previous employers. Many say it feels like home, and words like ‘Supported’, ‘Open’, ‘Fun’, ‘Empowered’, ‘No Hierarchy’, ‘Committed’ are often shared by PEN people. Here are some of the ways we achieve our purpose:
- We only take work on where we believe we can create a quality impactful outcome
- We consider the Ethical, Social and Environmental in everything that we do
- We empower everyone to be straight-forward, honest and to take tough decisions when it is right to do so
- We put the wellbeing of our people at the heart of our decisions, nurturing our culture to be inclusive, supportive, and fun
- We prioritise innovation and invest in our specialist propositions, people and capabilities to be truly market leading
- We are meritocratic. Everyone is equally empowered to shape the future of the business and entrepreneurialism is expected
- We care about giving back and do so through venture investments and the PEN Trust – which uses 1% of our revenue to help those who need it
- We are champions of hybrid working - we focus on outputs. Our team is often separated geographically due to client work, but help is always an e-mail, phone call or WhatsApp away and monthly whole-company meetings provide time to be together, think about PEN and have fun
- Our goal is to maintain a growing, energetic company that provides a sense of purpose to our people
Competitive annual salary regularly benchmarked externally
- Annual bonus relating to company performance
- 6 weeks annual leave
- Membership of the PEN Pension Scheme, including employer contributions
- Life assurance of 4 x salary
- Private medical insurance (including dependents)
- Permanent health insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Contribution to eye tests and the cost of spectacles
- One day each year to dedicate to a charity or worthwhile society cause
- Enhanced family friendly policies